Opening reception performance and installation view (detail), Elana Mann: Instruments of Accountability, curated by Ciara Ennis, Pitzer College Art Galleries, September 29 - December 8, 2018. Sharon Chohi Kim (pictured) in performance of Unseal/Unseam (2017), original composition and sound design by Sharon Chohi Kim and Micaela Tobin, libretto by Cordelia Istel.
Artist | Activist-in-Residence
OPEN CALL: Artist | Activist-in-Residence (AAIR)
2023 – 2024
Theme: Democracy in Question
Pitzer College Art Galleries and Community Engagement Center are excited to announce the Artist | Activist-in-Residence (AAIR) program for 2023 — 2024.
The AAIR program invites one local artist | activist per academic year to be in collaboration with the Art Galleries and Community Engagement Center for the purpose of promoting interdisciplinary platforms of exchange—through facilitating dialogue, sharing knowledge and skills, and generating impactful experiences—throughout the Pitzer at large.
- Open to artist | activists whose creative expression and activism is focused on communal impact and social change
- Expert in the intersection of art and activism
- Must reside within 30 miles of Pitzer College in Claremont, California
- Creative and pedagogic engagement between an artist | activist and the Pitzer community.
- Collaboration with partners on campus (students, staff, and faculty), and community partners in the field.
- Act as a resource for partnered academic courses at the college.
- Apply online
- Application deadline: Monday, June 19, 2023, 1:00 PM
- Candidate Interviews: Wednesday, June 28, 2023 (in-person or Zoom options)
You must be logged in to post a comment.