The Los Angeles Suzuki Institute and Chamber Music Workshop is a week-long music camp sponsored by the Suzuki Music Association of California and the Suzuki Association of the Americas. The institute is a family-oriented Suzuki music summer program for students, parents and teachers of all ages and levels. Students study violin, viola, cello, bass, piano and guitar. More advanced students participate in the Chamber Music Workshop performing in chamber ensembles and chamber orchestras. Parents attend institute with their children and gain inspiration observing their children receive instruction from expert teachers and develop community spending time with fellow parents. Teachers take teacher training courses from world class Teacher Trainers and observe students studying with guest clinicians. We have participants from around the world.
Events Open to the Pitzer Community:
- June 19, 7:30 pm – LASI Faculty Recital in Benson Auditorium
- June 21, 4:30 pm – Matthew Lipman, viola and Inyoung Huh, piano Recital in Benson Auditorium
- June 22, 7:30 pm – Chamber Music Workshop Orchestra Concert in Benson Auditorium
- June 23, 1:00 pm – Chamber Music Workshop Ensembles Concert in Benson Auditorium
- June 23, 2:30 pm – Piano Finale Concert in Broad Center Performance Hall
- June 23, 4:30 pm – Strings Finale Concert in Benson Auditorium