April 30, 2021
Dear Pitzer Students,
We hope this update finds you studying hard and getting excited to complete the academic year soon! As promised, this is yet another update from Residence Life and Housing to continue giving information as we move closer to fall semester. Our update today will cover the housing applications opening, an update on our housing selection process so far, and other reminders about fall. We welcome your questions and feedback on these updates as we want them to be informed by student input!
Student Housing Selection Updates
The Housing Selection process is facilitated entirely online using our Residence software system. As such, the Housing Selection has three main phases:
- Apply (Current)
- Roommate Groups and Room Explore (TBA)
- Select Rooms (TBA)
Detailed notes and screen shots of each phase, and all prior Housing Selection Updates can be found on our Housing Selection Website. Students are encouraged to reach out to Housing@pitzer.edu with any questions in regards to the Housing Selection process.
Housing Selection Application Dates
|Process ||Application Open/Closes ||Application Review & Approval ||Notes |
|Off-Campus Housing ||CLOSED ||CLOSED ||All Off-Campus Housing Applications received by the deadline have been approved and met the anticipated need. According to current projections of remaining returning students and rooms available, every student seeking Campus Housing will have a bed. There is not an anticipated lack of bed spaces in Campus Housing. |
|Room Accommodation due to a Disability (RADA) ||April 23 – May 3 ||May 6 ||Open now: Half way through open period. |
|Sophomore Year Experience (SYE) ||April 30 – May 10 ||May 17 ||Open Now: Sophomores will only choose one application to complete, this SYE application or the General Returning Student Application. |
|General Returning Student Housing Selection ||April 30 – May 10 ||May 17 ||Open now |
Move-In Dates and Reminders
- Early Arrivals
- Please review our Early Arrival Policies.
- Student Leaders, Student Athletes, and Students arriving via international travel who still need to be vaccinated.
- Some student leaders/athletes may be arriving early according to coordination between supervisors/advisors/coaches and Residence Life. Student Leaders should communicate with their supervisor/advisor/coach for more information.
- All Early arrival students (after being approved by their supervisor) must complete an Early Arrival application on Residence for approval.
- Orientation Move-In
- First-Year – Saturday, August 21, 2021
- Sophomore – Sunday, August 22, 2021
- More Orientation related information for incoming first-years, rising sophomores and transfers can be found here.
- Returning Student Move-In
- Saturday, August 28, 2021 and Sunday, August 29, 2021
- First Day of Class
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for All Students for Fall 2021
- Reopening Feedback
- As a reminder, if you have feedback on any of the current reopening plans, please consider completing this survey that was sent to the community on Thursday, April 22, 2021.
- Storage Items from March 2020 Campus Closure
- Graduates – Recent (since Spring 2020) and upcoming (Spring 2021) graduates, who still have storage items on campus are encouraged to reach out to Residence Life (at firstname.lastname@example.org) to coordinate a plan for their items.
- Returning Students – Items still on campus will be moved to Fall 2021 room assignments prior to arrival. Students living off-campus in the Fall semester will have the opportunity to pick-up their items on-campus upon arrival. More details on this process will be sent this summer.
- Summer Housing Options
- Although we will not be offering any residential options at Pitzer for summer 2021, since Summer Session is completely virtual this year, we are still partnering with the Claremont Collegiate Apartments (CCA) for any students seeking Claremont area housing.
- More information on details about summer housing at CCA can be found here.
- Other Fall 2021 Planning
- Much about fall semester remains to be determined including COVID-19 related health and safety measures on-campus (i.e. social distancing, face coverings, guests, gatherings, vaccine guidelines, etc.), the timeline for forming roommate groups, individual selection times, and final selection timelines. We encourage students to stay tuned to their email for updates as we have them.
As always, we look forward to our return to campus and we appreciate everyone’s patience throughout the process. As questions emerge, please reach out!
Kirsten and Josh
Josh Scacco, M.Ed. (He/Him/His)
Associate Director of Residence Life
Kirsten Carrier, M.S. (she/her/hers)
Associate Dean of Students and Director of Residence Life and Conference Services