This post has been archived. The information below may be outdated.
December 11, 2020
In response to the accelerating numbers of coronavirus cases in the region, all five of the undergraduate Claremont Colleges have announced that they will not be able to return students to residences on campus as hoped for at the start of spring semester.
In light of this development, the academic deans have revised the previously announced spring semester calendar so that it will now contain a contiguous week-long spring break. With the change to a five-day break, the last day of classes will be on Friday, May 7. The revised spring semester calendar, outlined below, includes the following key dates:
- January 25: Academic term begins
- February 5: Last day to add full semester courses
- March 8 – 12: Spring break
- March 18 Last day to drop full semester courses
- March 26: Cesar Chavez Day (campus holiday)
- May 7: Final day of classes
- May 10 – 14: Final exams for all students including seniors
- May 20: All grades due by noon
- May 25: Grades visible to students on the portal
The updated academic calendar for spring semester, including campus-specific deadlines, will be available shortly on the Registrar’s website.
This calendar has been adopted by all of the undergraduate colleges—CMC, HMC, Pitzer, Pomona, and Scripps. Claremont Graduate University and Keck Graduate Institute will preserve their previously published catalogues and work with any undergraduate students enrolled in their courses around differences between undergraduate and graduate schedules.
We appreciate your continued understanding and flexibility as we move forward together into spring.
Allen M. Omoto, PhD
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Dean of Faculty