Availability of Campus.Health for The Claremont Colleges Students
The Claremont Colleges have contracted with TimelyMD, a provider of online medical and counseling services, to offer a telehealth option to all TCC students — undergraduate as well as graduate — to expand and supplement services currently available at Student Health Services and Monsour Counseling and Psychological Services. Campus.Health makes it easy for students to get quality medical and mental health care online or from their phone, anytime they need it.
Students now have access to Campus.Health, which provides 24/7 medical and mental telehealth care for all students, at no cost! To get started, visit Campus.Health. Register now and use the service when you need it.
Campus.Health offers the following unlimited free visits with student-focused, licensed physicians and counselors:
- 24/7 access to on-demand medical care
- 24/7 access to TalkNow emotional support
- Accessible from any location within the United States on any smartphone or web-enabled device
- This is a pilot project that will be available to students until mid-June 2020
To use Campus.Health services, students should:
- Visit the Campus.Health website or
- Visit the Apple or Android stores to download the free TimelyMD app
- Set up profile and at checkout, enter institution’s customized coupon code: PITZER2020
Other notes and features:
- Students will see the name, picture, location (by state) and credentials of the provider
- An average medical visit will have a 5 minute wait to speak with a provider; the consultation will average 5-10 minutes
- An average TalkNow counseling visit may have a 5 minute wait time; 30 minute consultation
- Students may invite a parent or trusted advisor to participate
- Follow up notes will be sent by the provider to the student when the visit is complete
- All federally-protected rights to privacy will be observed. However, in the case of a life-threatening mental health crisis, a student’s dean may be notified.
- This service is live now, and students may access it at any time.
Q. Who can use Campus.Health?
A: Any enrolled, full-time student in The Claremont Colleges.
Q. What services are available?
A. 24/7 medical or immediate therapy (talk to a mental health provider about anything, after-hours or on weekends).
Q. How much does a visit cost?
A. It’s free! There is no cost to full-time students.
Q: Can Campus.Health diagnose COVID-19?
A: Campus.Health will virtually assess symptoms and administer frontline care in a contained environment to limit the spread of illness. They will also give recommendations on need for testing vs. self-quarantine, and where to go if testing or further care is needed.