This post has been archived. The information below may be outdated.
March 23, 2020
I hope all are well. I am writing to let you all know of a few things that have changed regarding IT support, I will do my best to keep this short:
- Our IT Staff will be exclusively working remotely; this includes Audio-Visual and Duplicating. Even though we are not on campus, we are absolutely geared up and ready to assist you remotely.
- The best way to get assistance is to email our help desk (email@example.com). Please do not call directly. We have access to the Help Desk phone line, but it will easily get bottle-necked if everyone calls at once. There can only be ONE IT staff member answering a call, whereas you have 16 people looking at your email when you email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer a phone conversation, email our Help Desk with your issue and phone number and someone will call you back right away.
- On the same note, please do not email IT staff members individually. We are all inundated and the best way to expedite your issue is for it to reach all of us and spread the workload.
- Classes begin on March 30; our IT staff are here for you! We encourage all our faculty members to contact us next week (March 23 through March 27) if you need to. We can be your “pretend student” and attend a Zoom meeting or we can test that quiz out on Sakai.
- Speaking of Sakai: Your IT office made some changes over spring break and you will be happy to know that videos in Sakai no longer require the students to VPN in to see them off campus. If you have told your students to use VPN to watch videos, please send them another communication letting them know that it’s no longer necessary.
Additional Resources on our Pitzer Website:
For faculty information on Technology Enhanced Teaching: https://www.pitzer.edu/information-technology/tech-enhanced-teaching/
For information about Working Remotely/WFH (Working from Home): https://www.pitzer.edu/information-technology/services/remotework/
Information for students about Online Learning: https://www.pitzer.edu/information-technology/services/onlinelearning/
Please see this link for IT-hosted training and workshops for March 23 – 26.
Assistant Director, User Services