Find information on COVID tests, how to schedule an appointment to get tested, and COVID safety while getting tested here!
What COVID tests are available to me and what do they test for?
There’s now more than one type of test you can take for COVID. What are they and when should I use one over the other?
Rapid Antigen Tests
- Less accurate (higher chance of false negatives)
- Detects virus proteins (antigens) and can diagnose COVID-19
- Results in 15-30 minutes
Molecular Test (AKA rt-PCR, viral test, NAAT, or LAMP)
- Most accurate + CDC recommended
- Looks for virus RNA presence and can diagnose COVID-19
- Results in 1-7 days based on location
Where can I get COVID tested?
- 5C Student Health Services Covid Testing at the Tranquada Building | SHS provides free testing for all 5C community members
- Non 5C members- $75 per test.
- Rapid and PCR testing available to students, faculty, and staff of the Claremont Colleges
- Call (909)621-8222 to schedule an appointment
- Tranquada Student Services Center- 1st Floor, 757 College Way, Claremont, CA 91711
- General information about testing at SHS
- https://www.covidtests.gov/ | Sign up and you can receive 4 free rapid at home tests per household.
- PCR tests for the broader community
There is also more than one variant. What are the symptoms for these and how should you know when to get tested?
How Omicron symptoms differ from Delta and past Coronavirus variants
COVID safety while getting tested
Check out our Mini COVID-19 Testing and Safety Guide (English & Spanish versions available!) for more information on COVID tests, steps to take when receiving a positive test result, developing symptoms, or after having close contact with someone with COVID-19, and additional resources!
If you would like 20 or more hard copies of the guide in either language, we have some funding to provide these to you. Please email us at [email protected] and tell us how many you want/need and where we should mail them or drop them off.