The Pitzer Promise Scholarship supports exceptional students who possess a wealth of talent but not the financial means to attend Pitzer College. With a gift of $5,000 or more, donors can provide a one-year scholarship for a high-achieving student who has demonstrated financial need. Over the course of an academic year, the donor will get to know their Pitzer Promise Scholar through stories, updates, and personal notes.
Pitzer College 2017-18 Financial Aid Facts
- 40% of students received need-based financial aid
- $38,600—amount of average need-based financial aid
- 29% of students borrowed money to pay for college
- $17,848 average student loan debt for 2018 grads—approximately $12,000 less than the national average
Pitzer is committed to meeting 100 percent of admitted
students’ financial need, but we can’t do it alone. Resources from the Pitzer
Promise Scholarship fund help the College make a one-of-a-kind undergraduate education
accessible to top applicants, even if tuition is beyond their reach.
Part of the idea behind this program is a pay-it-forward ethos that Pitzer scholarship recipients talk about all the time. Students like Haley Burger ’20, who told Pitzer scholarship donors:
“I am very grateful for people like you who value education and understand the impact it can have on a person’s life. I hope I can continue this positive service and pass it forward by helping to change the world in my own way.” ~ Haley Burger ’20
Scholarship donors get to know a little about the students whose college
education they’re helping make possible, and scholarship recipients learn a bit
about donors who are willing to share their philosophy of philanthropy. It’s a
way of personalizing the cycle of giving.
With a gift to the Pitzer Promise Scholarship, donors
help accomplished students who love learning become engaged citizens of the
world. It’s an investment in our shared future.
Please contact us with any questions:
The Pitzer Promise Scholarship program is one of many ways donors can support Pitzer’s extraordinary students. Please visit Pitzer’s Office of College Advancement to explore other ways, including:
- Pitzer Annual Scholarship Fund—donate any amount, one time or lots of times
- Pitzer Fund—donate any amount anytime and support the College’s most critical needs
- Endowed Scholarships—donate $50,000 and name a need-based scholarship that will support students in perpetuity, a wonderful way to have your name carry on at Pitzer or to honor a family member, friend, or mentor