Congratulations on your recent admission to Pitzer College! We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to campus!
We know the process of applying for aid requires many steps, which is why the staff in the Office of Financial Aid is here to assist you. We are available to help you better understand your financial aid offer, the different types of funding available, and any requirements that need to be completed in order to receive your funding. If you have any questions, please email our office at [email protected] or call us at 909.621.8208.
Director of Financial Aid
Your Financial Aid Notification
Please visit your Applicant Status Page to view your Financial Aid Notification letter (click the View Update link). Additional letters or updates will be sent to you (the student) via email to the address we have on file.
Submit any outstanding documents listed on your Financial Aid Notification letter. Most forms can be found online on the Forms section of our Financial Aid website. If the updated information we receive affects your aid eligibility, we will send you a revised notification letter via email.
We also encourage you to visit How Aid Works on our website for information on how we calculate your aid eligibility, a few tips, and guidance for planning ahead.
There are options for families who need help meeting their family contribution. Pitzer College offers a payment plan that allows families to pay for all or part of their educational expenses in monthly installments.
Additionally, parents may be eligible to borrow from the Federal Direct PLUS Loan Program, which offers parents the opportunity to borrow up to the full cost of attendance (minus any financial aid provided by Pitzer). More information about the Federal Direct PLUS Loan can be found on our website.
How to Reach Us
- Email us at [email protected]. We answer emails daily and are able to provide a quicker response to your questions via email. We respond to emails within three business days, depending on the volume and complexity of the questions we receive.
- Call us at 909.621.8208.
- You can also request an appointment with your financial aid counselor online or by calling our office. We offer appointments via phone and through Zoom.
How to Submit Documents
- Documents containing Personal Identifiable Information (PII), such as tax returns or W-2s, must be uploaded directly to IDOC. Please do not email documents containing PII as they will be deleted and considered ‘not received’.
- Pitzer Financial Aid forms can be emailed to [email protected].
- Please do not fax or mail documents to our office.
- Please do not upload Financial Aid documents to your admission Applicant Status page.
Appealing Financial Aid
The Financial Aid staff carefully reviews each student’s application for financial aid prior to admission. However, you may submit an Appeal Application if your family’s financial situation has changed since the 2021 tax filing year.
Any student may request a second review of their financial aid eligibility based on information not previously disclosed to our office. Our ability to adjust aid is based on the new information provided and available funding.
Please note: if you reported special circumstances or changes to your family’s financial status on your CSS Profile, they may have already been considered as part of our initial review of your aid application.
Circumstances that may affect financial aid eligibility are:
- Loss or reduction in parental employment and/or income
- One-time source of income
- Recent separation or divorce of parents
- Death of a parent
- High out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Out-of-pocket expenses for elder parent care
- Parent educational loan repayments
- Private elementary/secondary tuition payments
- Damage/impacts from natural disasters
Please note that we are unable to consider appeals based on the following:
- Comparison of other financial aid packages
- Consumer debt
- Expenses that have not yet occurred
- Results from the Net Price Calculator
- Voluntary change in employment
- High cost of living
In order to receive a response to your appeal before the commit deadline, the Appeal Application and supporting documentation must be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid by February 22, 2023. This will allow our office sufficient time to review and respond to your request.