Briana’s New Adventure

Dear Pitzer Peeps,

It is crazy to think that I am now a Pitzer alumna as of one week! I feel like it was my first day here just a short time ago. Little did I know how much I would change and grow when I first began my journey at Pitzer. I leave, knowing more about myself and what I want out of life. While I am now a bit more jaded about things, I am also hopeful. For my generation, I am inspired by my peers and from seeing them grow and follow their passions while here. I did not think I would be so ready to graduate. But I feel like I came here and had such an encompassing and incredible three and one-half years that I am now fully prepared to move on to the next adventure. For me this is grad school.

Pitzer is where I have made life long friends and learned so much about my own identity and positionality and the bigger systemic issues of oppression. I have learned inside and outside the classroom from inspiring professors, community members through the Pitzer in Ontario program, studying abroad, and from being an RA since sophomore year. I have learned how to find ways to think about social justice in every aspect and how to be a part of a community. My time here has been challenging, but in the most rewarding way. I have been pushed, I have learned, and I am thankful for every moment here.

With Warmest Regards,

Briana

BrianaBlog1  BrianaBlog3

Posted by Briana Perlson ’16, Environmental Analysis – Policy Track

Briana Perlson