My Introduction

Hi. My name is Jessa (the one on the left in the photo) and I am a second year at Pitzer College. I have not declared my major yet but I am 90% sure that I am going to be a double major in sociology and create my own major in public health focusing on women’s rights. I am so happy to be at Pitzer. I cannot imagine myself anywhere else for my higher education. Pitzer has an amazing personality that permeates through every activity and class that happens at Pitzer. The students who are at Pitzer are here for a reason. The main connection that all Pitzer students have is through the connection of the core values. Every student at Pitzer believes strongly in the five core values. The Pitzer faculty and staff are also at Pitzer because their core values are similar to Pitzer’s core values. Every professor that I have had has made an effort to get to know me for me and get to know what my strengths and weaknesses are inside and outside the classroom. I am just a second year student and I have already made very meaningful connections with professors. For example, my spring semester of my first year I was in a class called “Women, Crime, and Punishment” and my perspective on the criminal justice system was completely turned around. Now I am involved in the prison abolition movement and volunteer in a woman’s penitentiary. I also email and keep in touch with the professor on a regular basis and she helps me stay updated on current prison issues.

On a consistent basis I find myself stopping for a quick moment and thinking how happy and lucky I am to be where I am. I have so many wonderful people supporting me at all times of my life from amazing new friends to faculty.

Posted by Jessa Stein ’17, Undeclared

Jessa Stein Tour Guide