I’m Back (and Preview Pitzer Days!)

Hello again! So I know I haven’t posted in a while, life has been super hectic, but I have a long post to make up for it. The last time you heard from me I was off to Miami and it great. Unfortunately the weather didn’t seem to follow me from California and it was a bit rainy and humid, but Cecil and I didn’t let that spoil our adventures.

cecil in the car
Bienvenidos a Miami Cecil

I went to a number of college fairs while in Miami and Cecil got front row seats for all of them.

cecil cf

Really what has been keeping me busy was Preview Pitzer Days. These events both went extremely well and I just want to say thank you to everyone that worked hard to put these events together. Every prospective student I talked enjoyed the events thoroughly.

The first Preview Pitzer Day coincided with our fall Diversity Program, which was also a smashing hit if I do say so myself.

The arrival time was a little bit crazy, as you can see.

Say hello to some of the students from the program.
And we can’t forget out fabulous overnight hosts.

Unfortunately, these are all the pictures I have from the program at the moment, but if anyone from the program has pictures please email them to me.

We did have one snag in the program though. On Friday night we went out to Universal City Walk, outside of Universal Studios. It seemed like everyone was having a great time, the three interns, Constance and I went out for dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp, I watched some break dancing, and went shopping, when I got a phone call from one of the students about curfew. Now excuse my ignorant San Diegan background because in SD our curfew basically means as a minor you can’t be loitering or hanging out at the beach after a certain time. Apparently in LA it means that after 10:00pm you can’t be out at all. So as I ran out of City Walk trying to find all of the prospective students I figured out that at City Walk 5 Curfew Squad officers walk shoulder to shoulder and kick out anyone under 18 who wasn’t with a guardian. Fortunately there weren’t any issues with the Curfew Squad and it turned out our bus had shown up early so everything worked out, but I nearly had a heart attack when I got that phone call.

The November 7th Preview Pitzer Day was also a smashing hit. For those of you who don’t know, Preview Pitzer Days are special days for students to come check out campus.

Here are some highlights of the day…

Faculty Panel
Faculty panels
Faculty panel 2
Students watching the faculty panel

Student panel 1

Student panel 2
Parents questioning the students
Student panel 3
Prospective students questioning the student panel.
refreshments 1
Brunch
Refreshments
Lunch with the parents, faculty, and staff.

Cecil 11-7 1

Cecil 11-7 2

Cecil 11-7 3

Cecil 11-7 4

Cecil 11-7 5

Cecil 11-7 6

Cecil 11-7 7
And Cecil even got some refreshments.

Cecil 11-7 8

Cecil 11-7 9

If you didn’t have a chance to check out the Preview Pitzer Days we also do two days during the spring for admitted students, so you still have a second chance!
In terms of my life I am down to my last two days of school visits, Whooohoooo, one in the Inland Empire and the other in Long Beach. Even though it makes me sad that I won’t be visiting your high schools for another year, we still have a number of saved up pictures so we can keep playing…
Where in the World is Cecil the Sagehen?
Cecil in portland
Where is Cecil this time?

Posted by Danny Irving, Admission Counselor

Danny Leaps for joy