American Studies Intercollegiate Program
Student Learning Outcomes
Learning Objectives for American Studies:
- 1. Students gain knowledge of the histories and cultures of the United States.
- 2. Students gain an understanding of a wide range of methods across the disciplines.
- 3. Students learn how to analyze a wide range of evidence—e.g. written texts, films, paintings, musical compositions, etc.
- 4. Students learn how to carry on research in American Studies effectively.
- 5. Students learn how to communicate effectively about the histories and cultures of the United States in both written and oral forms.
- 6. Students attain the skills and knowledge to pursue further education in American Studies or related fields—e.g. History, English, Music, Museum Studies, Journalism, etc.