Spring 2013 Residence Halls Closing Information
At the request of faculty and out of respect for the community, partial quiet hours will begin on Saturday, May 4th through Friday, May 10th from 7:00pm through 9:00am. 24 hour quiet hours will begin on Saturday, May 11th at 9:00am through Sunday, May 19th at noon.
As an academic community, quiet hours are instituted during the last week of classes as well as finals week. Please be aware of others’ need to concentrate, sleep and study during this very stressful time.
Violation of the quiet hour policy will result in an official warning, a $50 fine for the second violation and $100 for any additional violation thereafter.
CLOSING INFORMATION DATES AND TIMES
Residence Hall Closing Date for All Students
Residence halls close on Sunday, May 19 at 12 noon sharp!
GENERAL CLOSING INFORMATION
- • You must make a checkout appointment outside the Residence Director’s office at least 24 hours in advance. Please note that all check outs will be suspended on Saturday, May 18th from 10:00am until 1:00pm for Pitzer’s Commencement ceremony. No exceptions!
- All residents can begin to sign up for check out appointments on Monday, May 6th outside the Residence Director’s office. A ResLife staff member will meet residents at their room at the time they signed up for.
- The deadline to sign up for appointments is Thursday, May 16th (for appointments on Friday, May 17th).
- After Friday, May 17th, all check outs will be based on a first come , first serve basis. Please see times and locations below:
--WE Hall – West Hall Living Room, PAS – Service Desk, Mead – Service Desk
--Saturday May 18th: 8am-10am, 1:00pm-10:00pm
--Sunday May 19th: 8am-12pm
- • If you or your belongings are still in your room after 12:00pm on Sunday, May 19th you will be charged a late checkout fine of $30 per half hour or any part of a half hour.
- • All trash bins will be removed from the residence halls and trash rooms will be locked on Wednesday, May 15th. ALL TRASH SHOULD BE TAKEN TO THE DUMPSTERS. Dumpster locations will be posted on the bulletin boards of each residence hall when locations are confirmed.
- • The free room in Holden will be closed on Friday, May 3. A donation station will be sponsored by the Robert Redford Conservatory. More information will be sent out within the next week or two by the ReRoom Program Coordinators!
CLOSING MEETINGS BEING HOSTED IN ALL RESIDENCE HALLS
All resident assistants will be hosting a closing meeting for their floors on various days and times. If you are unable to attend the meeting your specific RA is hosting, you are strongly encouraged to attend a meeting that fits your schedule.
*Times and location are subject to change.
WEST AND EAST HALLS
|Kymberli||Wednesday, May 1||9:00pm||RA Office (P218) Deck|
|Lily||Thursday, May 2||8:00pm||East Hall 3rd/4th Floor Deck|
|Nick||Sunday, May 5||6:00pm||West Hall Living Room|
|Mariah||Sunday, May 5||9:00pm||Q423 Study Room|
|Beth||Monday, May 6||8:00pm||West Hall Living Room|
|Alexa||Tuesday, May 7||7:00pm||Demonstration Kitchen|
|Dusty||Wednesday, May 8||7:00pm||Dust Bowl (WE Hall Courtyard)|
|Tim||Thursday, May 9||8:00pm||West Hall Living Room|
PITZER, ATHERTON, AND SANBORN HALLS
|Robin B.||Thursday, May 2||5:00pm||Please see Robin|
|Sara||Thursday, May 2||7:30pm||East Sanborn Living Room|
|Phoebe||Friday, May 3||8:00pm||East Sanborn 3rd Floor Study Room|
|Joel||Sunday, May 5||7:00pm||Pitzer Hall Living Room|
|Alex||Monday, May 6||7:30pm||Study Room on Third Floor of Pitzer Hall|
|Robert||Tuesday, May 7||7:30pm||North Sanborn 2nd Floor Study Room|
|Robin P.||Thursday, May 9||9:00pm||The NEST, East Sanborn C226|
|Amber||Thursday, May 2||7:45pm||Atherton Living Room|
|Victoria||Wednesday, May 8||TBD||Please see Victoria|
|Briana||Monday, May 6||7:00pm||Pitzer Hall Living Room|
|Cat||Sunday, May 5||9:00pm||Mead Rec Room|
|Erin||Monday, May 6||9:00pm||Mead Rec Room|
|Acacia||Tuesday, May 7||9:00pm||Mead Rec Room|
|Stephen||Thursday, May 9||9:00pm||Mead Rec Room|
|Charlie||Friday, May 10||9:00pm||Mead Rec Room|
|Minji||Sunday, May 12||9:00pm||Mead Rec Room|
TO AVOID UNNECESSARY CHARGES AND FINES YOU SHOULD:
- • Attend your Residence Hall check-out meeting (see above). Your RA will also have a bulletin board with closing information posted.
- • Failure to check out with a ResLife staff member or fill out an express check out form will result in a $50 improper checkout charge and you will not be able to appeal any damage or cleaning charges assessed to your student account
- • Remove your belongings and clean your room prior to your checkout appointment or departure. Personal furniture or belongings left behind will result furniture remove or trash fines.
- • MEAD RESIDENTS ONLY: Return your room/suite key(s) to the RA after you have completed your room check-out. Failure to return keys will result in a re-key charge of up to $175.00.
- • PAS and WE Hall Residents do not need to return ID cards.
- • Dispose of your trash in the dumpsters. Do not dispose of trash in the residence hall public areas. Fines will be assessed for trash not removed from your room and/or trash found in areas other than the dumpster.
- • Lock your windows, close your blinds, and lock your Dutch doors (if you live in PAS or WE hall).
- • Turn off all heaters and lights.
LOOKING FOR STORAGE OPTIONS?
There is no storage space available on campus. If you must store items over the summer there are several storage companies in the area. For more information, please visit www.pitzer.edu/student_life/residence_life/summer_storage.asp
ALL BIKES MUST BE REMOVED FROM BIKE RACKS
-Tuesday, May 21st at 3:00pm-
- • Due to scheduled maintenance, all bikes must be removed from all bike racks by 3:00 pm on May 21 and may return at 8:00 am on Monday, May 27th.
- • Please store your bike in your on-campus room (summer residents), office (staff/faculty) or take it home.
- • All bikes on racks will be cut and impounded. Bikes left unclaimed after 10 days will be donated to charity.
DONATIONS- TWO OPTIONS
Re.Room Donations: This year, the new student-led initiative, Re.Room will be collecting reusable items to re-circulate back into the Pitzer community at the beginning of the following academic year. The program is designed to keep resources in our community, so incoming students do not need to go out and purchase new items every year. There will be a Fall Sale of all items, and all money collected will be used to support student sustainability projects. As you pack your room, and put the items to the side that you do not want to haul back home with you, please bring them down to the service road to Operation Re.Room. There will be a donation U-Haul located on the service road. Limited hours from May 10th – 14th, and all day from May 14th- May 19th at noon. There will be large cardboard boxes, next to the U-Haul, labeled to help sort all items, for times when Re.Room employees are not available. More information will be sent out by the Re.Room Coordinators soon!
Goodwill Donations: Thursday, May 16th – Friday, May 17th - A Goodwill truck will be located on the Mead Service Road next to the Gold Student Center beginning Thursday, May 16th – Friday, May 17th at noon. An attendant will be present during the open donation hours. Please note that the donation times are subject to change. Donations can also be made at the Goodwill Store in Pomona located at 210 E. Foothill Blvd., just East of Garey Avenue.
All donations are to be taken directly to the donation truck or to the Goodwill Store. Please do not pile up donations in your residence hall lobby. Items left in the residence halls will not be taken to the donation truck.
MICROFRIDGE PICK UP
Microfridges can be returned to Collegiate Concepts on Tuesday, May 9th from 10:00am–1:00pm in front of the Gold Student
Center. To avoid additional cleaning charges of $25 your Microfridge unit must be:
- • Fully defrosted. Please unplug the night before. (Do not use any sharp objects to defrost your unit.)
- • Completely clean and dry. (This includes seals and inside/outside surfaces of the microwave, freezer and refrigerator.)
- • Returned with all parts. (Ice trays, shelves, microwave plate & ring.)
- If you have any questions or concerns please call Collegiate Concepts Customer Service Department at
1-888-929-0806 or email them at: email@example.com.
ANY CHECK-OUT FINES WILL BE APPLIED TO YOUR JUNE 1ST BILLING STATEMENT
Please read your June billing statement carefully. All residence hall charges will appear in your June billing statement. If you feel you have been unfairly charged for the residence hall fees applied to your account, you may appeal the charges in writing or email to your residence director. Appeals must be received no later than Monday, July 1, 2013. Any appeal received after the Monday, July 1st deadline will not be considered. Students who did not check out with a RA before leaving or opted to do the express check out will not be allowed to appeal room damages or fines.
Send all appeals in writing via your Pitzer email to your residence director before 5 p.m. Pacific Standard Time Monday, July 1, 2013.
Pitzer, Atherton, and Sanborn Halls - Kirk Bernal
West and East Halls - Alayna Goins
Mead Hall - Cheryl Cobbina
RETURNING IN THE FALL – PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY
Please plan your return to Pitzer according to the residence hall opening dates below:
• Sophomore Year Experience Participants Residence hall move – in (program attendees only)
- Saturday, August 31st at 10:00am
• All other returning students
- Sunday, September 1st at 10:00am
The residence halls will not be open prior to the dates listed above. Please plan your return to campus accordingly, as we will not provide accommodations prior to the opening dates.