Fall 2013 Residence Halls Closing Information
CLOSING MEETING LIST
|Charlie||Tuesday||8 pm||Mead Living Room|
|Chris||Wednesday||8 pm||Mead Living Room|
|Hernely||Tuesday||7 pm||Mead Rec Room|
|Kelsey||Wednesday||8 pm||Mead Rec Room|
|Lily||Tuesday||8 pm||Mead Rec Room|
|Rebecca||Tuesday||7 pm||Mead Living Room|
|Mariah||10-Dec||7 pm||East Hall Sun deck|
|Chelsea||10-Dec||7 pm||West Hall Living Room|
|Luc||11-Dec||7 pm||West Hall Living Room|
|Malia||10-Dec||8 pm||West Hall Living Room|
|Isabelle||12-Dec||7 pm||Demo Kitchen|
|Lindsey||13-Dec||7 pm||West Hall Living Room|
|Lora||14-Dec||7 pm||West Hall Living Room|
|Liz||Tues||7 pm||Pitzer Hall Living Room|
|Amber||Friday||7 pm||Top Pitzer Hall study room on the west end|
|Briana||Tuesday||7:30 pm||East Sanborn Living Room|
|Robin||Weds||7:30 pm||Study room between North and East on top floor|
|Stephen||Thursday||9 pm||Atherton Living Room|
|Sam||Weds||7:30 pm||Pitzer Hall Living Room|
|Chelsey||Weds||7:30 pm||ES Living Room|
|Alex||Thursday||9 pm||East Sanborn Living Room|
|Tim||Tues||8 pm||North Sanborn Living Room|
|Loren||Thurs||8 pm||Atherton Living Room|
GENERAL CLOSING INFORMATION
- • Residence halls close Saturday, December 21st at 12pm (noon.)
- • Residence halls are closed to students over winter break.
- • If you are in your room on December 21st past 12pm (noon), a $30 fine will be charged per ½ hour or any fraction of an hour
- • Any items left in the laundry rooms over break will be collected and donated to Goodwill.
- • After the residence halls close, the Residence Life staff will be entering all rooms to check for safety and health hazards.
WILL YOU BE STUDYING ABROAD OR TAKING A LEAVE FOR SPRING 2014?
Students not returning to Pitzer for the spring semester are required to check out of their room.
- • Schedule a checkout appointment outside your Residence Director’s office door
- • Remove your belongings and clean your room prior to your checkout appointment
- • Return your room and suite keys to your RA when you checkout (Mead only).
- • Lock your windows and close your blinds.
- • Failure to make or keep your checkout appointment will result in a $50 improper checkout fine.
- • The College is unable to provide storage. A list of local storage facilities is attached to this email. Hard copies will be available at the service desk of each residence hall.
Application for Leave of Absence or Withdrawal
- • Students not returning to Pitzer should also complete an application for a leave of absence or withdrawal available through the Office of the Registrar or the Office of Student Affairs.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE
Please follow the guidelines below to avoid incurring any fines:
- • Unplug all electrical appliances such as refrigerators, computers, TVs, stereos and clocks.
- • Clean out, defrost and leave your refrigerator door open.
- • Remove all personal items from your restroom area and place in your room, in bathroom shelves, or under the sink area. The toilet area, sinks, and shower areas should be completely empty.
- • Do a basic cleaning of your room and common spaces.
- • Remove all perishables from your room. A minimum charge of $10 may be applied to your student account for non-removal of perishable items.
- • Exchange your dirty green to-go container for a clean one in the dining hall to avoid creating a health hazard in your room! Any dirty to-go containers will be removed from your room and you will be charged a $10 removal fee.
- • Dispose of all trash in the dumpsters, which are located on Pitzer Road next to Mead hall, one on the South side of Pitzer Hall, and two located in between North Sanborn and East Hall (next to the amphitheater). Any trash not disposed of in the dumpsters will result in charges of $15 - $50 depending on the amount of trash left in the room/common room/hallways.
- • Close your blinds, lock all windows and doors
- • Remove all personal items from common areas/bathrooms and secure them in your room.
- • Bicycles must be removed from bikes racks and placed in your room.
- • Fill out a work order online for any repairs that need to be made over the break period.
- • Do not leave any residence hall approved pets in your room.
If you are leaving your vehicle on campus:
- • If you have not already done so, register your vehicle with Campus Safety.
- • If you plan on leaving your car on campus, it is recommended you leave it in the East Mesa parking lot in a well-lit area.
- • Hide or remove anything valuable and removable electronics.
- • Set the alarm if you have one and/or attach any other security devices.
- • Close all windows and lock your doors.
All bicycles must be stored in residents’ room. If you are leaving your bike on campus, please make sure to remove your bike from the racks and place them in your room. Bikes left on bike racks are done at your own risk. There will be no one on campus to monitor your bike. If you leave your bike on the rack over break, you run the risk of losing tires, seats, handlebars, or your bike may get stolen.
Partial quiet hours will be in effect beginning on Sunday, December 8th at 7:00pm and will continue through Saturday, December14th at 9:00 am. Partial quiet hours will last daily from 7:00 pm – 9:00 am. 24-hour quiet hours will be in effect beginning on Saturday, December 14th at 9:00 p.m. and will continue through Saturday December 21st at 12:00 pm (noon). All other hours should be viewed as consideration hours, emphasizing mutual respect and courtesy. Please be aware of others’ need to concentrate, sleep and study.
Partial Quiet Hours
24 Hour Quiet Hours
Students have the right to file a written appeal to the Office of Student Affairs. However, students choosing to do an Express Checkout waive their right to appeal. If you are fined for any residence hall charges, the fee will appear on your January statement. Please send all appeals directly to your Residence Director. Appeals should be received no later than Monday, February 3rd, 2014 at 5:00pm California time. Contact information is below.
Eboni Rafus – Pitzer, Atherton, and Sanborn Halls
Megan Dooley – West and East Hall
Annie Greaney – Mead Hall
Residence halls will re-open Sunday, January 19th at 10:00 am.
Have a fun and safe Winter Break!