The Grove House Cookbook
The second edition of the Grove House Cookbook contains 35 recipes of the Grove House’s most popular items with chapters on staples, soups, salads, egg dishes, vegan entrees, vegetarian entrees, meat and seafood entrees, ethnic dishes, beverages, cookies/vegan cookies and desserts. It also has helpful cooking tips and is illustrated with charming hand drawings.
Some of the recipes included are
- Grove House Salad Dressing
- Moroccan Stew
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Rachel's Chicken Soup
- Rachel's Famous Ginger Garlic Yams
- Vegan Double Chocolate Mocha Cookies
- Tuscan Bean Soup
- Pumpkin Sauce with Sausage
- Rachel's Decadent Double Chocolate Raspberry Gateau
- Spicy Red Bean Marinara Sauce
- Shaila's Pakistani Chicken Curry
- Pineapple Cheese Pie
It is authored by Rachel Vandervorst, the former Grove House manager, and Venessa Mendenhall ’02. All proceeds from the book go to the Grove House Fund, use for the restoration of the Grove House.