About the Writing Center
The Writing Center is staffed by Pitzer and Claremont Graduate University students who are available to help you in all stages of the writing process from generating topic ideas to completing a final draft.
Having trouble choosing a topic? Need someone to review your first draft or give you stylistic assistance? The Writing Center can help.
We have recently implemented a new appointment-based system to allow you to plan ahead and fit tutoring sessions into your busy schedules. Go to pitzer.mywconline.com to create an account, view the tutor schedule, and sign up for appointments before you come to the Writing Center. You are still welcome to stop by the Center any time we are open; we would be happy to work with you as long as a tutor is available.
Fall 2012 Regular Hours for Appointments:
- Sundays - 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Mondays - 10 a.m. to noon, 2 to 5 p.m. and 7 to 11 p.m.
- Tuesdays - 10 a.m. to noon, 2 to 5 p.m., 7 to 11 p.m.
- Wednesdays - 10 a.m. to noon, 2 to 5 p.m. and 7 to 11 p.m.
- Thursdays - 10 a.m. to noon, 2 to 5 p.m. and 7 to 10 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday - Closed
If you need writing help outside of these times, send an email to Writing@Pitzer.edu and we will arrange for a tutor to meet with you.
- 131 Mead Hall
- Tel. 909.607.4321
- Contact the Writing Center at Writing@Pitzer.edu
- Visit and 'Like' us at facebook.com/pitzerwritingcenter to get a glimpse of life at the Writing Center. You'll also find special Writing Center announcements and fun grammar tips.
The Writing Center is closed during both summer sessions.