Previous Tip's of the Week
Mac Flashback Trojan
- Mac Flashback Trojan targets mac computers. This Trojan keeps track of sites you are clicking on.
- You may not have the Trojan installed or you might not be aware that it’s even there.
- The following is recommended for Mac's running Lion (10.7) or Snow Leopard (10.6)
- 1. Run the software updates on your computer to install the latest security/Java updates.
- - Go to “system preferences” from the dock or Apple icon from upper left corner
- - Click “software updates”, then “check now”
- - Click “install…”
- According to Apple, the update will remove this malware if present and fix the security flaw.
- 2. You can also use the link below to verify if your computer has been infected.
- 3. If you are running Mac OSX older than 10.6, then Apple recommends you disable java in your web browser so that you are not vulnerable to this attack.
- 4. If you need assistance with any of the above or have any questions, contact the Helpdesk. Help@pitzer.edu or 909-607-3065
- Here is a link for more info regarding this Mac Flashback malware – what it is, how to detect and remove it.