Pitzer Internship Fund
To Apply: Please call, 621-8519, or come in to Career Services to make a brief 15 minute appointment with one of our counselors to discuss the application briefly at which point you can receive a copy of the application. Please complete the application in a word document which can then be uploaded into My Documents under "Pitzer Internship Fund" opportunity in Pitzerlink. Details of this process will be discussed when you meet with our counselors. If you are off campus or studying abroad you need to email us to schedule a phone or SKYPE appointment to get the application.
We are excited to announce the Pitzer Internship Fund (PIF) for unpaid summer 2013 internships. Internships will be funded up to $3200. Please see the description, timeline, and eligibility criteria for the Pitzer Internship Fund below.
The Pitzer Internship Fund (PIF) is the result of generous gifts from Pitzer Alumni, Parents, and Friends to provide funding for unpaid internships. This program is very competitive and all applications will be assessed according to criteria listed below. Students who fail to address all components of the application will NOT be considered. Applicants are required to visit or talk via Skype/phone (if abroad) with a Career Services representative as a prerequisite for submitting their application materials.
Friday, February 1, 2013 Application materials available
Friday, March 15, 2013 @ 11:59 p.m. PST Application deadline on PitzerLink
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2nd Round interview notification
Saturday, April 13, 2013 PIF Interview Day
Friday, April 26, 2013 Award notifications sent out – allow time for payroll processing
Friday, May 3, 2013 Proof of Hire due from Employer
Friday, May 3, 2013 Deadline for awardees to complete fund paperwork
- Quality of the experience - Does this provide a new internship experience? Has the student participated in an internship previously?
- Quality of application – Has the student actively researched their career interests and future goals. This includes previous internship experience, attendance at career workshops, and writing ability. Does the student’s budget pass the fair and reasonable test?
- Applicants who demonstrate the following will also be given priority: knowledge of the career field, knowledge of the organization, polish, professionalism, passion, drive, risk-taking and ability to articulate the high level of impact this internship will have on their career path.
- Must be a current Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or December 2013 graduate
- The following types of positions will NOT be funded through the PIF: a. pre-thesis research without a significant experiential learning component, b. fees to participate in study abroad, volunteer/service, exchange or similar programs, c. tuition-based programs without a significant experiential learning component, d. positions receiving Pitzer course credit (Exceptions considered), e. a non-credit course or training program, f. independent projects, g. a position at an organization owned or run by a member of applicants’ immediate family, and h. students who have received funding from the program in previous summers
If you have any more questions about this process please do not hesitate to contact our office at 909.621.8519 or email us at email@example.com.