Request for TLC Funding
The Teaching and Learning Committee (TLC) considers funding requests for events and activities that help faculty improve their teaching, help students improve their learning, and develop opportunities for conversation and reflection among faculty, students, and staff around topics of teaching and learning. Priority will be given to events that focus on pedagogical issues (rather than more general social and intellectual interactions) and new initiatives (rather than recurring annual events).
- All events must occur during the academic year in which funding has been granted. Funding does not roll over to the following academic year.
- Applicants must complete a Funding Proposal form in order to be considered for funding. Incomplete forms will not be considered. Proposals will normally be submitted at least 3 weeks before your event.
- Successful applicants (“TLC awardees”) will receive an award letter by e-mail specifying the amount of funding they have been granted and the procedures for paying honoraria and requesting reimbursements.
- Any flyers, posters, or e-mail notices publicizing the event must include the following acknowledgment: “This event was supported by the Teaching and Learning Committee.”
- TLC awardees must notify TLC of any changes in their event, such as changes in date, speaker, location, and funding sources. Notifications should be sent to TLC@pitzer.edu.
- TLC awardees must complete an Event Evaluation within one week of their event. Reimbursements will not be processed until the Event Evaluation has been submitted. Failure to do so may affect one's ability to receive funding for future events.
- In accordance with Section VIII.C.6 of the Faculty Handbook, the use of student activity funds to purchase alcohol is prohibited. The TLC follows this policy in its funding guidelines.
- In 2011-12, the TLC established maximum funding amounts for the following activities:
- Guest speakers, guest lecturers, and workshop leaders: $300, to be parsed as the awardee sees fit (e.g. between honoraria, travel assistance, etc.)
- Dinner events: $15 per person or $400 per event, whichever is lower.
- Lunch events: $12 per person
- Hors d'oeuvres for events: $4 per person (cannot be combined with dinner or lunch events)
All funding requests must be submitted using the online TLC Funding Request Form. Both forms can be accessed by clicking on the links below:
TLC Funding Request - THE TLC HAS ALLOCATED ALL OF ITS FUNDING FOR THE 2012-13 ACADEMIC YEAR. Please check back in July, when the new budget cycle begins.