Staff Council Representatives (SCR)
Staff Council Representatives (SCR) is a peer-elected committee tasked with the following responsibilities:
- • Address important staff policies and benefits
- • Provide a formal avenue of communication for all staff
- • Vote on behalf of staff on college-wide issues at College Council meetings
Academic Planning Committee
Budget Implementation Committee (BIC)
SCR Represents Staff Interests at College Council
College Council is the main policy-making body at Pitzer. Generally, all policy recommendations that are made by the various committees are forwarded to College Council for discussion and eventual vote. If passed, these recommendations go to the President and as appropriate to the Board of Trustees for final approval.
Insiders Guide to Pitzer Staff Benefits
- • Take out a 0% interest loan up to $2,000 to purchase a personal computer
- • Apply for Staff Training and Professional Development through SCR
- • Play racquetball, basketball, tennis, weight-train, yoga, aerobics or run the track for free at Pomona/Pitzer's athletic facilities
- • Enjoy complimentary beverages at the McConnell dining hall
- • Check out books from the Honnold Mudd Library
- • Access back-up care in the event you need support for a loved one
- • And... more! Visit the benefits page on the Human Resources Website.
Sharing Your Thoughts
Do you have suggestions for staff employee benefits or concerns? You can share your thoughts with SCR anonymously by dropping them off in the Suggestion Box conveniently located in the Faculty/Staff lounge by email firstname.lastname@example.org or this online form.
2013 Staff Survey Results
SCR would like to thank all staff who participated in this year’s Staff Survey. Please note that these are only the results that were collected electronically. We had nearly a 40% response rate electronically and we’re still tabulating the hard copy responses. We hope to have the final results posted by November 18. Thank you
SCR Staff Survey Results