CRIME AND VIOLENCE
IN PROGRESS INCIDENTS
- CALL CAMPUS SAFETY AT x72000 or (909) 607-2000
- GIVE YOUR NAME, LOCATION, AND TYPE OF INCIDENT
- MAKE SURE THE DISPATCH KNOWS THAT THE INCIDENT IS IN PROGRESS
The Campus Safety office, located at 150 East Eighth Street between College Ave and Darthmouth Ave. in the Pendleton Building, is staffed 24 hours a day for your assistance and protection. This service is provided seven days a week on a year round basis.
A. HOW TO REPORT:
From the campus phone system, dial x72000 for Campus Safety. Campus Safety will then dispatch the appropriate emergency response department (police, fire, ambulance).
B. REPORTING CRIMES IN-PROGRESS:
If you are a victim or a witness to any in progress criminal offense, report the incident as soon as possible to Campus Safety providing the following information:
- 1. Nature of the incident. Make sure the dispatcher understands that the incident is in progress!
- Location of the incident.
- A description of the suspect(s) involved.
- A description of any weapons involved.
- A description of any property involved.
- A phone number where you ca be reached.
C. REPORTING CRIMES NOT IN PROGRESS:
Even though it seems futile, all crime should be reported. Police can often identify suspects by physical evidence left at the scene, or by comparing the method of operation of the crime with that of other crimes committed in the area and the habits of known criminals. In addition, Police may be able to recover reported stolen property and trace it to the thief.