Helpful Resources for Study Abroad

Funding Resources for Study Abroad

Pitzer students on financial aid are able to apply financial aid towards approved study abroad programs. Consult with the Office of Financial Aid for specifics on how your financial aid award will apply and to complete the necessary paperwork.

There are a some other sources of funding for study abroad that students may want to investigate:

The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship for students receiving federal need-based financial aid.

The National Security Education Program (NSEP) Boren Scholarships for study abroad in countries other than Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.

Bridging Japan Scholarship is for students studying on semester programs in Japan in any field and the Morgan Stanley Scholarship for students studying in Japan who have an interest in economics and international finance.

KAUST Full Discovery Scholarship for undergraduate students of science and technology, this generous scholarship covers tuition and a living allowance for the remainder of the undergraduate degree and a master's program at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology in Saudi Arabia.

Sallie Mae education loans available for study abroad.

Go! Overseas Study Abroad offers a study abroad scholarship and provides information about other funding sources.

Michigan State University Library is a list of scholarships and grants related to international research and study.
Some programs do offer their own aid and students applying for summer programs and unapproved semester programs should check with the program provider to learn of any additional sources of aid.

Web Resources

US passport information

US State Department Country Specific Information - including entry requirements

Students Abroad - US State Department Information on travel documents, health, emergencies, embassies, voting, and security conditions.

Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) A free service provided by the US government to US citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country.

Foreign consular offices in the United States

US embassy offices abroad

Centers for Disease Control

World Health Organization

For travelers with disabilities

For LGBT students

For students of color

Time zone converters
The World Clock - Time Zones

Currency converters

Weather information

Information on adaptors

Voting while abroad for US citizens

CIA World Factbook

Global calendar

For students going to the European Union

Hendricks Pharmacy in Claremont