Student Learning Outcomes
Pitzer Mathematics Majors should be able to:
- 1. understand mathematics, mastering a range of different topics for breadth and studying some in depth.
- 2. write proofs.
- 3. use mathematics as a problem-solving tool in real-world problems.
- 4. work collaboratively to solve problems.
- 5. organize, connect and communicate mathematical ideas effectively.
- 6. understand the relationship between mathematics and other areas of study.
- 7. use appropriate technologies to explore mathematics.
- 8. be adequately prepared for graduate school in mathematically-related fields, or for employment in such fields.