Asian American Studies
Student Learning Outcomes
- 1. Students understand the history and cultural production of Asians in the United States, within both multiracial American and transnational contexts.
- 2. Students understand how race as a social construction functions in the world.
- 3. Students understand how race intersects with gender, sexualities, and socio-economic class in the world.
- 4. Students understand how to carry out a research, creative project, or community-based project in Asian American communities.
- 5. Students understand ethical implications of research, creative projects, or community-based projects in Asian American communities.